The way you feel about yourself is often seen by you as being very factual however it is merely your opinion of yourself. These opinions are determined by the experiences you’ve had in your life and what you took away from those lessons.
• Failing to meet parental standards
• Failing to meet peers’ standards
• Receiving other people’s stress and distress
• Being mocked
• Being abused, neglected or systematically punished
• Being absent of praise, affection or warmth from loved ones
• Feeling like the odd one out with family and or friends
Arranging professional counselling for low self-esteem can help you improve your image of yourself.
The methods we use to help our clients recover from low self-confidence can vary – we will always tailor your therapy to suit your needs.