Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
What is Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)?
There are quite a few assumptions that SFBT therapy takes towards you, these include;
- Understanding the cause of the problem is not necessary to be able to resolve it, trying to do this can lengthen and or complicate things.
- No matter what the severity of the problem, there are always instances when it is absent, less severe and/or intense. An SFBT therapist in Birmingham can help to identify and amplify this change
- Clients have access to resources and strengths which may resolve the complaint.
- Clear, salient and realistic goals are essential to a successful outcome.
- A small change can make a big difference, change in one part of the system, can make a change in another part
- Rapid change is possible even with cases where the problem has been persistent in the past
- Each client is unique in themselves, and in the way in which they view their problems, there is no one size fits all solution
How do SFBT sessions work?
SFBT therapy is a short-term therapy, used to help you to realise your problems/issues and find a positive way forward, there isn’t much focus on the issue at hand, an emphasis is placed on looking towards the future and finding a way achieve your goal. The therapy focuses on your strengths, instead of focussing on problems and/or failures. With this therapy, it is believed and understood that it shouldn’t be prolonged over a long period of time.
SFBT can be and usually is provided as part of other counselling approaches.
We have therapists working from Kay’s Counselling office in Birmingham and online via video calling. All our therapists go through a rigorous interview process, aiming to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to help you work through your issues through counselling or psychotherapy.
All our therapists know the level of courage it takes for you to contact us to start your journey, we aim to match the same level of courage in our therapists, who have a desire to help you achieve your goals with their expertise